Welcome to the Texas Board of Professional Engineers’ (TBPE) Board e-Newsletter
As part of our ongoing efforts to improve communication between TBPE and license holders,
we are publishing an online quarterly newsletter with news, highlights, and information on Board activities.
This e-Newsletter is in addition to the yearly paper newsletter.
Please let us know if there are additional topics you would us to consider by emailing: email@example.com
The Texas Board of Professional Engineers Quarterly Board Meeting was held August 16, 2012.
- New Rules: The agency quadrennial rules review was completed with adoption of rules following the proposal in the last board meeting. Thank you for those of you who provided comment and input. The new rules can be found here: http://engineers.texas.gov/downloads/law_rules_090912.pdf
- Policy Advisory: A reminder that Policy Advisory Opinions provide guidance for board interpretation of statutes and rules. A table is also located in the law and rules document to make it easy to find these important advisories. All policy advisories can be found on our website: http://engineers.texas.gov/policy.htm
- Texas Windstorm Roster - TBPE and the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) continue to collaborate on the changes to statutes regarding Texas Windstorm Inspectors. TDI plans to propose rules for making the transition to the current roster requirements. Any existing or newly appointed inspector must apply and be placed on the new TBPE roster by December 31, 2012. More information on the Windstorm Roster and the application for a listing on the roster can be found at: http://engineers.texas.gov/windstorm
- Sunset Review – Review continues by the Sunset Advisory Commission, as was determined by the 82nd Legislature, as to whether TBPE continues to serve a public need. Hearings will be held in November in anticipation of the legislative session that begins in January 2013.
- Board Meeting Recordings - To view the meeting agenda and to listen to recordings of the August 2012 Board Meeting visit http://engineers.texas.gov/recordings.htm Note that you can earn continuing education credit as self-study for watching Board meetings. Just print out the agenda and keep it in your records which you may need to produce if audited.
- Recent Disciplinary Actions - Several enforcement actions were taken against individuals and engineering firms. For more information about these cases, go to http://engineers.texas.gov/disciplinary.htm
Other Board Highlights
- Let us know how we are doing! TBPE is focused on improving our service to the public and our customers. You can share your feedback and suggestions via our customer service survey: http://engineers.texas.gov/feedback
- Don’t forget that if your firm or organization would like to have a presentation on engineering ethics or licensure, TBPE is happy to help arrange a presentation. Please contact Outreach Coordinator Dorothy Gonzales to make your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In keeping with our efforts to modernize and increase communication with our licensees and the public, you can now follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and via an RSS feed. Join today!
Return to Newsletter Listing Page
Texas Board of
A Well Engineered Texas