The Texas Board of Professional Engineers' (TBPE) Board e-Newsletter
June 4, 2015
The TBPE eNewsletter is your quarterly update about your Texas PE License and Board activities and is a supplement to the TBPE Express annual printed newsletter.
In this issue of the TBPE eNewsletter:
- May 21st Board Meeting Update
- Legislative Update
- Call for stakeholders - On-Farm Energy Audits
- Webinars and Outreach
- New TBPE Flyers
Read below for more info:
The Texas Board of Professional Engineers Quarterly Board and Committee Meetings were held February 11-12, 2015. Highlights include the following:
- Disciplinary Actions - All enforcement actions approved in the board meeting are posted on the TBPE website. Enforcement actions are reported based on the date of the board meeting at which the actions were taken. Refer to:http://engineers.texas.gov/disciplinary.htm
- Video Clips - Streaming video of the Board Meeting is available at: https://engineers.texas.gov/recordings.htm Viewing these recordings qualifies for continuing education credit under the category of self-directed study. A maximum of five credit hours may be accrued for self-directed study.
- On-Farm Energy Audits - Policy Advisory Opinion Request
The Policy Advisory Opinion Committee of the Texas Board of Professional Engineers has accepted a request for an official opinion regarding "On-Farm Energy Audits". (PAO # 39). These audits are defined in the document; ANSI/ASABE S612 Jul2009, Performing On-farm Energy Audits. The question being asked: "Are Level 2 audits required to be performed by Texas licensed professional engineers for projects in Texas?" The request is posted at the Board's website:
As part of the policy advisory process, the TBPE is developing a list of stakeholders and other interested parties. If you would like to be part of the policy advisory process or would like to be included in communications on this issue, please provide name, address, phone number and email address to the Board at: TBPE, 1917 S Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78741 or email to email@example.com
The deadline is June 5, 2015.
TBPE is reviewing all bills for relevance or impact to Professional Engineering on this page http://engineers.texas.gov/legislature84.html as they are filed.
TBPE continues to offer ethics outreach presentations both in person and in a webinar format for the convenience of our licensees. The free webinars have been so well received that we are now adding additional events as needed.
- Online Ethics Webinars: The next ethics webinars are June 4, 2015 and September 2, 2015. Each event is limited to 1,000 attendees. Registration links for all webinars are posted at: http://engineers.texas.gov/webinar one month prior to each event.
- Schedule a TBPE Presentation: If you are interested in scheduling a live TBPE ethics presentation at your workplace, refer to our outreach page at: http://engineers.texas.gov/outreach.html
New TBPE Flyers
TBPE has developed several high quality informational flyers to educate the public regarding the mission of the Board, the Professional Services Procurement Act (PSPA), when an engineer is needed on a project, how to become licensed and the benefits of licensure. Feel free to share or print these flyers. Professionally printed copies are available in limited quantities upon request. http://engineers.texas.gov/publications.html
Give us feedback on how we are doing by filling out our customer service survey. Please visit our website at http://engineers.texas.gov/feedback or call us for a paper survey. We want to hear your suggestions on how we can improve agency operations and service delivery.
In keeping with our efforts to modernize and increase communication with our licensees and the public, you can now follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and via an RSS feed. Join today!
NOTE: This email was sent from an unmonitored mailbox; direct replies will not be read. To contact the Board, please visit our website at: http://engineers.texas.gov/